Friday, October 31, 2008

Tick-Tock

Its 12:00 am and my eyes are open....sleep seems to be miles away. I don't know what to do.Suddenly, I get up and in frustration start putting all the clocks and watches in the room away in the innermost corner of my cupboard! Funny, I know but can't think of anything else at that moment which could help me to sleep! The constant 'tick-tock' of the clock was always my companion every night but suddenly one day it started irritating me, so much so that I couldnot sleep?Whats wrong with me,huh?

Sitting there, contemplating this simple action that I took without any rhyme or reason, I gleaned three things:
One, we humans are a fickle race. Two, we take zillions of things for granted everyday, never for a moment realizing their true value.Third, we like to blame something or some else for everything thats going wrong in our life.
Why else would I shut out the very clock which was my constant companion till then? Why else would I actually go so far as to think that a simple clock lulling me to sleep every night would suddenly begin disrupting it?

Its important to realize that I am not blaming anybody or everybody for being- well, being "humans". Its just that what most of us need to realize is that we are blessed, infact we are blessed so much that we see, hear, speak and smell everyday. I woke up this morning fit enough to write my feelings on this blog.You woke up this morning fit enough to read it- both of us need to be grateful for these abundant blessings bestowed on us today.I just feel like screaming now at the top of my voice- Thank You GOD for today!

So, HAVE YOU THANKED GOD FOR LETTING YOU SEE THE LIGHT OF THIS BEAUTIFUL DAY TODAY?

6 comments:

Mampi said...

Yup, Yup, Yup, I thank Her for the blessings everyday.
Yeah, my God is a Her or Him, depending on my mood, hehehe,

kiran said...

lol...

Mampi said...

and please, the words tick tock remind me of the pillar climbing bhoot of 1920.

kiran said...

hehehe..d article itself starts from 'its 12 'o clock'...I suppose this is justified(lolzz)

Rajindarjit said...

Beautiful thought it is.

We must thank God for all the gifts of life He has blessed us.

Keep it up !

Dhindsa

kiran said...

:) thank you ma'am!