Monday, November 17, 2008

The child within...

Childrens Day (November 14) just passed by. Here is a poem that I couldnot post for the past few days... Hope you like it :)

Wish I could be a child again
to seek mama's lap with all my tears
Wish I could be a child again
to explain papa all my minisicule fears.
Wish I could be a child again
to expostulate on every single thing in front of mama
Wish I could be a child again
to get what I want with a little crying and drama!

Wish I could be young once more
to speak truthfully from the heart
Wish I could be young once more
to not know cunningness as an 'art'.
Wish I could be young once more
to dance around and be carefree
Wish I could be young once more
just 'to let everything be'!

Time once past
can never be made to last.
However some things last forever and I have heard people say
'a child resides in the human heart till it's dying day'
Don't let that child ever vanish away.....

An ode for the child....the child within you
H a P p Y C h I l D r E n 's DaY !

14 comments:

Pinku said...

thats cute....

Trailblazer said...

That's brilliant. Too good.

Mampi said...

Here's to the child inside all....
Let innocence prevail.
Well done.

Aparna Kar said...

Wish I could be young once more
to speak truthfully from the heart
Wish I could be young once more
to not know cunningness as an 'art'. *sigh*

Sandhya said...

That's so lovely!

Mithe said...

A big Thank You Pinku :-)

Trailblazer-Do keep visiting my blog and thanks a lot for your comment:)

Mampi-You enlighten my blog always-Shukriya for being the greatest pillar of support :-)))

Aparna-I was sighing too when I wrote this(lolzz).Looking forward to your visit again! :)

Sandhya-Welcome back! where were you for 4 days? Thank you as always..your comments gladden my heart :)))

Sandhya said...

Glad to be back and I am sorry for not responding to your template question!When I saw it, you had already found your way around.
This was really a beautiful post.

Mithe said...

Thats really ok..& thanks once again!

How do we know said...

This is the best Children's Day msg i have seen on the web. Superb!

Mithe said...

Thats sweet how do you know...thanx a ton:)))

Sheena said...

Awesome..Yaar ..Wish i cud be a child again..LOL..(Secret-I am Still One)..but good stuff..keep it up..!!

Mithe said...

Thank You Sheenu! Another secret(I am still a child too, that's why I recollected my childhood through this poem-lol)

kultaaran said...

keep it up! loved the poem...

R.K. said...

So Sweet dear !!

You were, and are a cute kid !

Don't loose the innocence, keep enjoying small mistakes; let it be "i" , and not "I" . :)