Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A Signal from God?

The event :Reading about this very rare astronomical event in THE TRIBUNE brought a smile on my face. A warm glow began spreading through my entire being as I learned further that India was the only country of the world to have witnessed this beautiful site in its full glow yesterday night. A curious sense of protection; of being watched over; of giant hands encircling and shielding us stole around me-as if God was indicating his towering presence over all of us....

What is it I am so excited about? : This is a very rare event, next expected to occur after 2050(when we will all be very ,very old and the only record of this event would be my blog, which you will all be showing to your grandchildren-lolzz) . The two "eyes " that you are seeing in the picture are actually the planets Venus and Jupiter. The eyes and the moon carefully observed seem to be forming a smiley face in the heavens...Isn't it a spectacular view? (for full information please visit the link above)

Hope for us? After last week's horrific massacre in Mumbai, it was the first time I felt really and truely calm. Was it God signalling to us-'Have faith Indians, I am here'? or Was it just another of nature's miracles which happened to have occured at this time?
I leave it for you to decide...

17 comments:

Phoenix said...

hey how come i didnt knwo it was supposed to happen? hmmph! now i have to wait till i am 63 for it to happen again...

Just call me 'A' said...

I think it's God's way of speaking to us through his creation. it's nature's way of saying that for all evil there is hope in the horizon. :).
wish i could have seen this too.

Mithe said...

No Phoenix..you can see it still in the night sky till 1st jan. However, it won't be in exactly the same position because moon size will change and so will the position of the planets-(they will come closer). Also, it's really difficult to see these kinds of natural phenomena in the city's interior.So, if you live at the outskirts, you have a better chance. Anyways, do try seeing it..I saw it yesterday(was on the highway)-it was heavenly! Happy viewing!

Thank you 'A' for agreeing with me..:)

kanaguonline said...

it's a beautiful event.. when I have got many forward mails with this picture I thought they are graphics now only came to know that it's a great work of nature :)

Mithe said...

Welcome to my blog Kanagu! thanks for the comment..:)Do keep visiting

Mampi said...

Whatever way it is taken, it is beautiful.
Omen or no omen, we are always watched over by Him or Her. (I'd rather leave the dirty job of watchman to Him rather than Her)

Sandhya said...

lucky you!!

Writing for Crows said...

Wow. I dint know about this.

But you know. Hope is all we have. ;-)

Mithe said...

Mampi-lolzz and thank you Ma'amy as always:). I believe in that philosophy too..

Sandhya-I can understand you of course-it's a tad difficult observing the Indian Moon from the American sky-(lolzz) but you know, You are a proud Indian-I can feel that!

WFC- welcome to my blog! We do have lots of hope, you are right. Thanks for commenting and do keep visiting..:)

sangita said...

hey thank u gal!!! i lovvee ur poems very cute very innocent n thought provoking :) btw this particular piece is not about motherland :)and know wot these words hold true.... "to each his own" in every aspect of life!!!

Mithe said...

Thanks Sangita.Would really like to visit your blog too:) Whats your blog ID?Please tell me..& do keep visiting

xylene said...

One night I looked up and saw the moon and two bright dots next to it.
Wow, this is good I thought and the very next day I read the article about it on the newspaper.

It was a good view, although the photographs on newspapers show something like a smiley face, it was something like an inverted smiley.

How do we know said...

Anything that makes me feel nice in life.. is welcome! This one does.

Mithe said...

How do we know- exactly my sentiments! :)

Xylene-you are right,I saw it too. But you know, it depends on the direction of the photograph too.Also, in which direction you are standing affects your view too. Anyways, I thought it was an excellent symbol of hope...

Avatar said...

"A Signal from God?"
Interesting title with an interesting post. I was surfing the internet when then I received SMS from my friend asked to see it out there. It was nice to be able to see it since it's very rare channce.

Mithe said...

Thanks Avatar. Oh yes, it was really great to see it- a very rare chance.
Welcome to my blog anyways. Do keep visiting...

L. Venkata Subramaniam said...

Is this a real photograph...it is beautiful.