Thursday, May 28, 2009

Back Again?

Hello Everyone! Am back again after such a long hiatus. I am really sorry I have not been able to blog-hop for such a long time now. My exams are almost over and I will definitely be a regular fixature from now on.
I am facing a problem today-it's a first for this blog-what do I write about? Its been so long...so many things to write about that I am quite confused where to begin...
Wait..on second thoughts, let me start with the newest event of my life-my newly born niece Jasmine! Here is something I wrote down as soon as I saw her photograph-she is so cute....

ODE TO JASMINE
(That miracle of creation….)

As the earth spun towards a new dawn
a lovely flower on this earth was born….
one plaintive cry heralded her arrival
a new being had announced her survival!

A red rose dear?
one teddy bear?
a breath of fresh air?
Who exactly was she?
The ans: an exceptionally beautiful Jasmine!

Crinkly hands
chubby cheeks
ruby red lips
very very small feet
Ah me!
That miracle of creation
was finally for us to see….


A burdened being she is
Oh yes!
Infact she has fallen into such a mess…
a mess of blessings
a mass of love
a bundle of kisses
a bunch of hugs!

Mama wishes ….
Time- don’t hustle by very fast
don’t make it too good to last
don’t make her grow old too swift
she is OUR precious gift!

Papa whispers…
My strong arms entwine you today
as they will whenever you say
My girl, I promise to make you see
all those life’s gifts that were denied to me…..

Big bro says….
I am young yet to hold you in my arms

but for 'gootness' you have oodles of sisterly charms!
Grow old fast
I need a playmate to make me last!

All said and done
God has been benevolent on everyone
that miracle of creation he bestowed us with
is a very very precious gift
we promise to nurture her with full zest
coz the Almighty has blessed us with HIS very best!

The family prays….
May HE grant us the strength for:
Heart of our heart
flesh of our flesh
our precious burden
to bring up and protect!

I truely hope that she becomes successful in everything she undertakes all her life....
As for all my friends-thank you for sticking by me even when I was not present for so many days. I will be coming to your blogs soon-have a lot to catch up on:)

33 comments:

Arv said...

Welcome back dear... :)

good to see you here again...

Its a sweet ode to your newborn niece...
wishing her the best of life...

take care... cheers...

Preetilata【ツ】 said...

wowwwww..... mithe and this is something wat i will call "back with a bang"

1st of all congratulations dear. :)

n d poem is soooooooooooooooooooooooo very beautiful. it's fill with so mch of love and warmth. loved every bit of it and the 1st stanza is brilliantly beautiful. :)

all my love and blessings to dearesr jasmine.

how ws ur xms? and yeh welcome back dear. i have missed u :)

take care :)

tinkerbell said...

HEY !! u've been away for so long !! welcome back !! congo on jasmine :).. she must b a darling... beautiful poem... i'm sure she'll be glad 2 read this when she grows up .. :)

yamini meduri said...

Thats such a beautiful come back Mithe...!!!

Loved it..!!!

I wish i had a mama who can write like you...hehehehe...!!!

Waiting for your kind of posts yaaar...missed them alot..!!!

Hopeless Romantic said...

hi..welcome back mithe:) nice post...beautifully penned..keep writing..n keep visiting:)

cheers
amit

How do we know said...

see? likhane ke liye kuchh na kuchh mil hi jaata hai!

Harshita said...

Oye! Welcome back hain ji...;)

We missed you... and what a comeback... such a beautiful poem...

Jasmine is a beautiful name... :) Wish her loads of happiness... and now wen u r back... STAY!!

Chriz said...

very long time indeed..

and i would say welcome back.

got pics of jasmine?

ANWESA said...

welcome dear!!!
n jasmine,welcome 2 u too!!!
ur post was very beautiful but i bet jasmine is still more beautiful...

Mithe said...

THIS SPECIAL COMMENT...
for all those of my friends who were there to welcome me back..Thank you dear friends:)
It make sme feel so good to be welcomed so warmly-My life is so rich because of you all....

Mithe said...

@ Arv- Thank You. Will be visiting your blog soon. Just wanted to ask-did you by any chance visit Northern India these past days?(Some where around March)

@ Preeti-My exams were fine and Thank you. I am blessed to get such a wonderful niece. She is really cute. I missed all of you too...

@Tinkerbell-Thank you and I hope so too. I will be visiing your blog soon!

@Yam-lolzz...you are funny:)I missed you too. I will need at least an hour to read all your posts. I promise I will read them all soon:) I will be commenting on each one too

@Amit-thank you. Will be visiting your blog soon:)

@How do we know-lolz...Oh ya. Milta hai. Poem kaisi lagi?

@Harshita-Thank u hai g! I promise I will STAY. Can't survive long without you people at all:)You are my lifeline....

@Chriz-No, I have received photos by post Chriz. Didi is not in India. I will be scanning them soon. Will post them if you like. She is cute, very cute-take my word for it:)and Thank You

@Anwesa- Oh ya, she is! She is heavenly:)Thank You

sawan said...

yey, some one is back in town!! welcome back dearie.. and wut a way to come back :) lovely dedication though u cud have included her foto :)

Priyanka Agrawalla said...

nice to see u here mithe! hope u have done with ur exams.

a very nice work from a craftsman. beautifully written :)

Mampi said...

welcome back
hope you stick back now...
and the ode is really cute,
she will grow up with a poetic aunt in you.
show me her pic next time u meet me.

god bless her...

Sandhya said...

congratulations!!
beautiful words, welcome back!!

Leo said...

welcome back Mithe...

wonderful ode,
can't wait for more...!

love the love for ur niece! :)

Mithe said...

@ Sawan-thats a nice suggestion but sorry cannot upload pics as yet. I received them by post. Email pics have yet to come! Will upload them as soon as I can-thank you:)

@Priyanka-Thank You. Yes, my exams finished today.So, you will be seeing much more of me now:)

@ Mampi-Sure ma'am. whenever you say-she is a darling really:)

@Leo. Thank You Leo. I liked the last line of your comment....Will be visiting your blog soon:)

Mithe said...

Sandhya, Thanks a ton:) I am glad to be back....

Femin Susan said...

Lovely poem. thanks for sharing....

Priyanka Agrawalla said...

Hey Mithe, where r u?? went again?? Playing with ur niece??
i have attempted a 55 word fiction, when u r free, please go thru it.. am waiting for ur response.

Mithe said...

@ Femin-thank you very much.
@Priyanka-my niece is in Malaysia! Will visit your blog asap:)

Priyanka Agrawalla said...

hey mithe, thnx for the wonderful comments.. i tried to trace u in orkut before a couple of months yaar, but i wasnt able to..i have given my email id in blog, if u wish add me in gtalk. take care yaar :)

Phoenix said...

you are awarded... hop on to my blog :)

vanilla sky said...

beautifully written :)

Priyanka Agrawalla said...

U have been tagged for revealing 10 secrets! check it out in my blog. if u havent tried it earlier, do it :)

Fiducia said...

Hi there... been so long since I saw our posts and your comments on my blog!
Busy????
Keep blogging! Never stop...

Harshita said...

You dissapppeared again?? where are you?? come back soon.

Priyanka Agrawalla said...

hey kiran.... where r u yaar??? how r u??? its been long time!!! if possible atleast mail me...

Priyanka Agrawalla said...

Hey..am online only.. my id is priyasu23@gmail.com. H r u ?

Sandhya said...

where are you??????????????????

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Preetilata【ツ】 said...

mithe dear!! how r u?? whr r u??? i miss u badly. pls mail me @ mystique.pree@gmail.com.

Chandrika Shubham said...

Nice blog with nice posts. :)